Mondays : 10:45 Mixed Ability class
Thursdays: 9:30 Higher Intermediate class
I am a Chartered and State Registered Physiotherapist since qualifying in 2002. I added the teaching of Pilates to my skill set in 2010, as found it to be an excellent method of rehabilitation for my clients. I have used Pilates to improve current injuries, to work on prevention of future dysfunctions, correction of posture and help clients achieve their fitness goals.
I am trained with The Australian Physiotherapy and Pilates Institute (APPI), and qualified to teach Matwork from beginners to advanced, including the use of small equipment, such as gym balls, soft balls, therabands, magic circles, and weighted balls.
I also have extra qualifications to teach Pre and Post natal Pilates, and Pilates specifically targeting the needs of the higher-level athlete such as Runners.
I offer 1:1 tuition on a Monday at 11:40 and Thursday at 10:40 @ £50 per session.
Class 1 : Mixed ability
- Not suitable for absolute beginners or Pre-natal 2nd and 3rd trimester.
- Is suitable for 1st trimester pre-natal, post-natal, and osteoporosis.
- Children of High School (year 7) age 11+ are welcome if accompanied by a parent.
- The class itself runs with a good flow, but exercises will be given with levels from beginner to Higher Intermediate, and the client must work at a level suitable to their ability.
Class 2: Higher Intermediate
- Not suitable for beginners, Osteoporosis or pre/post natal
- Children 16+ would be welcome.
This class runs at a good pace, with attention to detail as we practise the Higher Intermediate and Advanced Exercises. Often equipment will be introduced to increase the challenge, and expect to come away from the class feeling you have worked your body hard.