Bodyworks Massage and Movement Studio | Louise Douse
Coming October 2019!
Bodyworks Massage and Movement Studio offers both clinical massage and functional movement classes to support your wellbeing.
Clinical massage offers more than just a treatment, it offers tools for clients to improve their own health.
Clinical massage is a practice which provides clients with expertise and reassurance that their chronic pain condition or injury will be addressed. Each soft-tissue treatment is supported by clinical assessment and a personalised treatment plan that enables the client to achieve goals or outcomes that they desire; for example, a reduction in pain or increased range of movement. Built into the session is time dedicated to developing a self-care plan including exercise and stretch recommendations which clients receive as clearly narrated exercise videos, delivered straight to their smartphone or computer.
Bodywork Class: Combines Amma therapy and acupressure massage techniques with partner stretching to reduce stress through touch. This is a guided class where you will be led, in pairs, through a series of movement protocols to introduce the benefits of touch to the whole body. Wear comfortable clothing.
Functional Movement Class: This class combines stretch and strengthening exercises to help relieve pain. Informed by the work of American biomechanist Katy Bowman, this class aims to get you moving more freely. You will assess areas of tightness and restriction and be led in group stretch and strengthening exercises to allow to you move more naturally and enjoy all day every day movement.
- First appointment including consultation (90 mins) £65
- Follow up (60 mins) £55
- Follow up (90 mins) £80
- Course of 6 (includes 2 x 90min, 4 x 60 mins) £300
- Bodywork Class (90 mins) £16
- Functional Movement Class (90 mins) £16
Clinical Massage: Tuesdays, Wednesday and Fridays 9-5pm (or contact for earlier/later times)
- Reduces pain
- Increases range of movement
- Boosts immune system
- Improves wellbeing
- Reduces inflammation
- Improves sleep
8) Any conditions/illnesses etc that may benefit from your treatments.
- Back pain: including sciatica and ongoing pain from herniated discs
- Chronic neck and shoulder pain (including whiplash associated disorder)
- Repetitive strain injury and carpal tunnel syndrome
- Tennis and golfer’s elbow
- Shoulder girdle problems: frozen shoulder or generalised shoulder pain and restricted range of movement
- Sporting overuse injuries including Achilles tendinosis and knee complaints
- Ongoing pain from old injuries that has not resolved after months or years
- Arthritis: both rheumatoid and osteo
- Headaches and migraines
- Fibromyalgia, irritable bowel syndrome and chronic fatigue syndrome
Clinical, massage, functional, pain, wellbeing, chronic, injury